JetBlue Airways is launching a new pilot training program where applicants can train to be a pilot without any prior flying experience.
The fan-favorite airline announced Monday the unveiling of Gateway Select, a competitive flight school program specifically designed for people without any prior flying experience.
Applicants must be at least 23 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Other than that, it’s open skies for pilot hopefuls.
— JetBlue Top News (@JetBlueTopNews) March 8, 2016
“One of the goals is to remove the barriers for those who aspire to be a pilot, but don’t have a pathway to get there,” Warren Christie, senior vice president of Safety, Security and Training at JetBlue.
Here are the Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 23 years old by the completion of the approximate 4-year program.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a First-Class Medical Certificate.
- Able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States by the end of training.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
A total of 24 people will be selected for the program, with applications closing in August.
For more info and to apply click HERE.