Get the latest airfare updates and changes for all the major carriers, newest route announcements...as well as miles and points news. This page is updated DAILY.
Unexploded Bomb Panics Travelers at Tel Aviv Airport, Southwest Bet Fails...While Delta's is a Winner - April 30th, 2022
- Family 'accidently' tries to bring unexploded bomb on to flight at Israel's Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv sending passengers scrambling in panic.
- Southwest Airlines made a bold move during the pandemic: when every other carrier was downsizing SWA expanded to stand out to customers. It has backfired.
- Unlike many other frequent flyer credit cards, Delta's SkyMiles' miles do NOT expire. But, Delta can close your account if you make these mistakes.
- When business travel virtually dried up during the pandemic Delta Air Lines made a bet that leisure travelers would pay more for a better flight experience. It's working...
5 'Budget' Airlines to Fly On, JetBlue Credit Card Gets You free Flights?, Dulles' New Concourse - April 29th, 2022
JetBlue Shares Dip Over Carrier Struggles, FAA Not Happy with Florida Delays, New Frontier and Avelo Service - April 28th, 2022
- JetBlue shares slumped this week after a series of carrier struggles (cancellations, staffing issues) have dogged the airline.
- The FAA is set to meet with several carriers (Spirit, American and JetBlue) regarding troubling flight disruptions in Florida that have affected tens of thousands of travelers.
- Frontier Airlines has launched new service from Chicago Midway to several new routes...among them: Trenton, N.J. (TTN), Tampa, Ontario, Phoenix and more.
- Avelo Airlines adds Orlando as its third base with 5 new routes including Charleston, SC, Washington, D.C. and Wilmington, NC.
- Boeing's new, huge 777X twin-engine megaliner will now not be delivered to customers until 2025 due to numerous snags, delays and screwups.
- Virgin Australia is reportedly planning a higher frequent flyer Velocity membership level than the current 'Platinum' tier to compete against Qantas’ Platinum One.
- Canadian budget airline Swoop started 5-times-a-week service between Edmonton and Ottawa on Monday as the carrier answers record demand.
- India's SpiceJet announces 8 new flights that includes Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
JetBlue Cutting Routes, Emirates Adds Flights in Gulf, EgyptAir Crash Cause...a Cigarette - April 27th, 2022
Alaska Suspends Anchorage-Honolulu Route, United's Huge Expansion, Allegiant's New Base - April 26th, 2022
- Alaska will suspend service between Anchorage and Honolulu starting in June until November...the carrier's reason is 'current staffing levels' (not enough workers).
- British Airways will not only continue to use the Airbus A380 Superjumbo (while others have retired it) but plans on a record number of upcoming routes with the massive plane.
- Here are some tips on how you can get Delta Sky Club Lounge Access for free while avoiding the bustle at the airport.
- United and Singapore Airlines have expanded their codeshare agreement for 19 new destinations that include Kuala Lumpur, Cambodia, Jakarta and more. SIA's destinations include Austin, Baltimore, Boise, Cleveland, Denver, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Reno and Sacramento.
- Swiss is being forced the cancel 100's of flights (possibly in to the thousands) due to staff shortages.
- Allegiant will open a new base in Provo, Utah, establish 4 aircraft and create as many 157 new jobs.
- Condor Airlines will restart flights from Frankfurt to Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport for 3 weekly flights...a first since service was stopped due the pandemic.
- Ireland's Ryanair will launch as many as 12 new routes from Lithuania to Madrid, Stockholm, Brussels, Budapest and more.
Americans Want Masks on Planes, O'Hare People Mover Opens, Delta Offering Bonus Miles - April 25th, 2022
- A national poll says 63% of Americans favor wearing masks on planes.
- Chicago O'Hare Airport has officially opened their Airport Transit System...dubbed the 'people mover' train that will run 24 hours a day.
- Delta's Shopping Portal is offering 500 bonus miles when you spend $100...and it can 5 times the miles if you spend exactly $100.
- South Korea's Asiana Airlines will reopen the Incheon-Delhi route on Friday (one flight a week) that has been shut down since the start of the pandemic. It will also increase frequencies to Los Angeles, Sydney and more.
- Aeroflot offshoot Rossiya has launched flights between Kazakhstan from Moscow using Sukhoi Superjet 100 jets.
- Hawaiian Airlines will be the first major carrier to offer Starlink high-speed internet service on its flights to U.S., Asia and Oceania.
- Scottsdale Airport is now ranked number four in the world for business aviation departures by WingX, which tracks such metrics. Scottsdale follows only Palm Beach International, Teterboro and Miami-Opa Locka airports.
Switzerland Dropping Covid Restrictions, U.S. Airlines Start Turning a Profit - April 24th, 2022
- Switzerland is dropping all remaining Covid entry requirements in to their country on May 2nd.
- U.S. airlines are starting to turn a profit after a record downturn the last 2 years. Notably American...which expects a profit in the second quarter.
- The Freddie Awards, the frequent flyer vote 'bible' made of of actual frequent flyers, voted on the best programs.
- Hong Kong will start allowing non-residents to enter starting in May (with restrictions)...the first time this has happened since 2020.
- Brett Holzhauer, a CNBC personal finance reporter, outlines why the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card is now his favorite travel card.
Airlines Letting Banned Flyers Back on Planes, A Pilot Shortage 'Will Cost All of Us' - April 23rd, 2022
The four major U.S. airlines are now letting some people previously banned from flying due to violating mask rules to fly again on their airline.Volotea (Spain) starts new route between Algeria and Marseille.Wizz Air has restarted flights from the UK to Ukraine after an apparent 'about face'.The pilot shortage will 'cost all of us' even as airlines are likely to rake in record profits.Air Serbia makes major push on routes in to Spain.Flydubai will join existing flydubai flights to Saudi cities Al-’Ula (ULH), Dammam (DMM), Jeddah (JED), Madinah (MED), Riyadh (RUH), Taif (TIF) and Yanbu YNB). Russia's air traffic regulators have told the country's airlines to prepare to fly without satellite GPS on its flights.
Will Flyers Get Refunds?, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Protest - April 22nd, 2022
Qantas customers are livid with the airline and are calling for more hires as phone wait times are lasting several hours in many instances. Some airlines are considering refunding flyers that do not want to fly now the mask mandate (for now) has been lifted.Ticket prices continue to climb...and so does demand...which likely won't reduce ticket prices...The Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card has fewer bonus miles for new members than before. But it's still worth getting...here's why...KLM is lodging an objection to Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport's port fees up to 12%...a fee that will likely be passed on to travelers.Wizz Air will launch a new route between London Luton Airport and Dubrovnik (Croatia) on July 4th.
Avelo 30% Off Fare Sale, Airline Travel Rewards... - April 21st, 2022
Avelo Airlines has launched a 30% off fare sale through April 24th to 27 destinations. Travel is for May 1 thru June 22 and no blackout dates. Nerdwallet compared 15 airlines plus hotels and credit cards to determine how much travel rewards are actually worth. Check it out...An international survey of people in the United States, the United Kingdom, Italy, and the Gulf reveals widespread confusion around health requirements for air travel.Jet2 is set to add 'thousands' of holiday flight seats to meet surging summer demand.Jazeera Airways (Kuwait Budget Carrier) is set to add 2 routes from Kuwait to Vienna...and Prague.British Airways and easyJet cancelled 100's of flights yesterday due to 'staff shortages'.EgyptAir launches route between Cairo and Benghazi for the first time in 8 years.5 credit cards that will likely get you airport lounge access.Sea-Tac unveils 450,000 square foot international arrivals facility with first Delta flight.Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport received financing approval for a 2,000-foot taxiway to be built connecting the north and south airfields at a cost of $260 million.
Qatar Airways and IndiGo Codeshare, Frontier Restores Las Vegas, S7 Suspended... - April 20th, 2022
Canadian budget carrier (and Westjet owned) Swoop says rising fuel prices WILL be passed on to flyers.Frontier Airlines will restore non-stop service between Las Vegas and Durango with 2 weekly flights starting June 9th.Spirit Airlines launched service today between Myrtle Beach Airport (MYR) and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT).Breeze Airways will be launching 8 new routes from Westchester County Airport in New York to San Francisco, Los Angeles, Jacksonville, Florida and more.Qatar Airways and IndiGo have restarted their codesharing agreement (suspended previously due the pandemic) and resume flights to Doha (DOH) to Mumbai (BOM), New Delhi (DEL) and Hyderabad (HYD) on April 25.SpiceJet announces new non-stop routes starting April 26th to Ahmedabad–Muscat, Kozhikode-Jeddah, Kozhikode-Riyadh, Mumbai-Dhaka, Mumbai-Riyadh and Mumbai-Jeddah. Russia's S7 airlines has been suspended from the oneworld alliance ...a decision that was agreed to mutually by S7 and oneworld due to its limited route offerings as a result of Russian sanctions.Virgin unveils invite-only secret members lounge for high-status flyers.Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport set an all-time high volume of passenger activity in March of 2022 with 239,160 total passengers coming through the airport.
Feds to Appeal Face Mask Ruling, AA Ending Service to Phoenix... - April 19th, 2022
The U.S. Justice Department will appeal the federal judge's face mask ruling IF the CDC believes masks are still necessary.Emirates will double its flight frequency between Dubai and Algiers starting May 1st (On Saturday, Sunday) using the Boeing 777-300ER.American Airlines plans to end service from Humboldt County Airport to Phoenix on August 15th.New lost-cost European carrier Play is cutting fares by 25% on flights in the U.S.Finnair has now increased its route destinations to 77 as it continues its upward push due to increased demand.WalletHub releases a report on the best frequent flyer programs of 2022.Tucson International Airport is following the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) guidance on no longer requiring the wearing of masks at the airport. Turkish Airlines signs codeshare deal with Brazil's GOL Linhas Aereas that will serve Asuncion, Santiago, Montevideo and more.
US Airlines Drop Facemask Requirement... - April 18th, 2022
The following airlines have dropped the face mask requirement for customers and employees: American Airlines, Delta, Southwest, United and Alaska and most US carriers are expected to follow suit.Qantas says they intend to start service between Sydney and Seoul...for first time in 14 years.China Eastern Airlines has resumed 737-800 flights...the same model plane that crashed last month killing everyone on board.SpiceJet is launching new routes including multiple Mumbai flights and several more.Cebu Pacific has resumed service between Cebu to Davao as it sees post-pandemic surge.Israeli carrier Israir has scrapped plans for twice-a-week flights between Tel Aviv and Skopje.The pandemic is in decline...travel is surging...and experts say summer travel will be a mess.
Emirates Metaverse Play, Aer Lingus New Connections - April 17th, 2022
Emirates Airlines Joins Other Big Names with Metaverse AmbitionsAer Lingus launching new flights from Newcastle...with connections to Toronto, New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago and Boston.Wizz Air extends flight cancellations to Ukraine until at least July.
Hawaiian Airlines Cutting 19 Flights, Why Others are Getting Cancelled - April 16th, 2022
Hawaiian Airlines expects to cut 19 flights this weekend as pilot training delays drag according to the carrier.Here's the reason so many flights are delayed or getting cancelled.Alliance Air now under control of the Indian Government. So what happens to tickets already purchased?Turkish Airlines has signed an agreement with tour operators that will see them fly 1.5 million Russians in to their country.Saudia Airlines will fly new non-stop flights between Riyadh and the Greek Island of Mykonos 3 times a week.
Aeroflot and Flair Airlines New Flights - April 15th, 2022
Flair Airlines has started inaugural service between Edmonton and Nashville.Sanctioned and struggling carrier Aeroflot will start direct flights from Sheremetyevo Airport to Kazakhstan on April 23rd.
Alaska Returning to Paine, AirAsia, Flybe - April 14th, 2022
AirAsia announced they will resume routes to Chennai, Hyderabad and more with 71 weekly flights.2 years after going under, Flybe has resumed some routes with flights out of Birmingham.Alaska will restart a full schedule of flights at Paine Field starting in June.JetSMART has been given the green light by the Peru Ministry of Transport to start flight operations...which could start by summer.Flyone Armenia started operating regular direct flights from Yerevan to Paris.
Southwest Adds Big in the West, Delta A350s... - April 13th, 2022
Delta will add additional A350s to its fleet....up to 28 from 19 as it furthers its international push.Southwest makes big Western route push with 20 weekday flights in Sacramento, San Jose and 14 in Oakland.Wizz Air has added 2 slot pairs at London Luton as it increases routes to 75 at the airport.Cathay Pacific will resume service between Paris and Hong Kong on May 2nd as the government has lifted flight suspensions.
Delta, Southwest, Lufthansa, MORE... - April 12th, 2022
Delta Air Lines yesterday resumed daily flights from Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSY) to London Heathrow (LHR)...the first since the Pandemic.Southwest has started service (as of April 3rd) between Oklahoma City (OKC) and San Antonio (SAT) and is using a bit older Boeing 737-700 on the route.Jet Airways plans to relaunch the airline in October as the carrier has exited bankruptcy.Lufthansa will increase capacity on May 2nd between Munich and Ljubljana (Slovenia).Air Arabia will expand its route network with flights to Chennai starting April 27th.Canadian leisure carrier Air Transat will launch flights from Montreal to 6 French cities (Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Lyon)Ethiopian Airlines has resumed flights to Bengaluru, India.Atlanta International announced the ATL SkyTrain will be out of service on April 12th.
Qantas Offers Triple Points, Lufthansa Cutting 50% Business Class - April 11th, 2022
Qantas is currently offering Triple Qantas Points to flights in the Northern Territory. April 15th is the deadline.Lufthansa promo sees you saving up to 50% for Business Class travel for 2 or more flyers. Travel dates May thru September. Offer good until April 26th.Aer Lingus will resume popular routes to the U.S. starting in May (LAX, Seattle and Philly) from Manchester, Glasgow and more.German leisure carrier Condor is starting new non-stop service between Frankfurt and L.A., New York and San Francisco.TAP is offering flights starting at 25 Euros from Madeira and mainland Portugal (Funchal) and some Executive class flights for 319.Icelandair has resumed service from Reykjavik and Helsinki as demand creeps upward.
Marriott Bonvoy 100K Offer, Airasia's Free Seats - April 10th, 2022
Marriott Bonvoy has a new sign up offer for new members: 100,000 bonus points.Royal Air Maroc has restarted the only non-stop route between Africa and Florida with service between MIA and Casablanca.Airasia has reopened their 'Free Seats' promo until April 17th: Travel dates are Sept. 12th to March 25th (2023).Canadian budget carrier Flair launched service late last week between Toronto Pearson (YYZ) and new York (JFK).
Delta Cutting 5 Routes in the Fall - April 9th, 2022
Condor has resumed service from Vienna to Palma de Mallorca, with plans to restart to Crete and Rhodes.
New carrier Blue Air has launched 3 weekly flights between Dusseldorf and Bucharest.Delta Air Lines is cutting 5 routes from its network in the fall...Minneapolis, Albany, Providence and more.Flydubai is offer exotic vacation packages in for late spring to Istanbul, Maldives and more.
Alaska Cutting 2% of Flights, NY Fares Rise Sharply - April 8th, 2022
Alaska Airlines released a statement Thursday saying they will cut 2% of its total flight schedule after a slew of cancellations due to a pilot shortage.Wizz Air is opening a new base at Cardiff Airport with 9 new routes including Larnaca, Palma de Mallorca and Tenerife...and more.Matty K Travel Group reports New York airfares have risen sharply since 2021: what was $200 and up in '21 is often $800-$1,000 or more in '22.Qantas will launch routes from Sydney to Seoul 4 times a week...and its budget carrier Jetstar plans on 3 weekly flights as well.New carrier Flyr has launched service 2 times a week between Oslo and Prague.