Get the latest travel, airline, airfare and route updates as well as miles and points news.
This page is updated DAILY.
Is Spirit Having Second Thoughts?, United's First New Transpacific Route, Lufthansa to Cancel 100's of Flights This Summer - June 8, 2022
- Is Spirit Airlines having second thoughts? The carrier has delayed its shareholder meeting as JetBlue has come back with an 'enhanced' merger offer that may have some in the Spirit boardroom reconsidering the Frontier offer.
- United has added new non-stop service between Brisbane and San Francisco in October, becoming the first U.S. airline to add new transpacific service since the pandemic.
- Lufthansa and its low-cost carrier Eurowings have cancelled 'several hundred' European flights in July as the carrier wants to reduce the number of cancelled and delayed flights in the wake of worker shortages.
- British Airways is adding 4 new routes in to the U.S. this summer, expanding direct access to London.
- IHG Hotels and Resorts will mark their achievement of 6,000 hotels and resorts in operation by unveiling the '6,000 Club' and announcing partnerships with major sports and entertainment events.
United ResumesText San Francisco - Melbourne Service, Southwest 3-Day 40% Sale - June 7, 2022
- United Airlines has resumed its San Francisco to Melbourne route with its vaunted 787 Dreamliner on the flights.
- Today, Breeze Airways will launch its service between Las Vegas (LAS) and Connecticut (BDL) with 2 weekly non-stop flights.
- Four Seasons has announced they will take over the historic Hotel Danieli in Venice and will undergo 'extensive renovations' before a relaunch as the Hotel Danieli, Venezia, A Four Seasons Hotel in 2025.
- Germany has now dropped all Covid-19 entry requirements for travelers entering the country: No proof of vaccination or a negative test are required.
- Southwest Airlines has launched a 3-day fare deal that will give flyers up to 40% off for flights in late summer and early fall.
American Resumes Chicago-Barcelona, Russia to Make 'Bootleg' Parts for Airbus/Boeing Planes - June 6, 2022
- American Airlines has resumed its seasonal non-stop service between Chicago (ORD) and Barcelona (BCN) that was paused due to the pandemic. AA will use 787 Dreamliners on the route.
- Stacker has compiled data to show travelers what carriers bump passengers from their flights...even if they have reserved a ticket.
- Emirates and African carrier Airlink have officially launched their codeshare partnership to extend access in to more South African destinations.
- 1Hotels, a sustainably-driven hotel luxury lifestyle concept, will add a new property in Austin, Texas that will be the tallest tower in Texas.
- Choice Privileges, the loyalty program of Choice Hotels, is offering a $50 gift card to members who make 2 qualifying stays at participating hotels.
- Reports indicate that Russia will take the unprecedented step of approving several Russian companies to manufacture Airbus and Boeing 'bootleg parts' as they cannot get normal parts due to sanctions.
New Frontier Service Between Houston and Cancun, Airlines Pressure the White House to End Covid Entry, More New Service news... - June 5, 2022
- Frontier Airlines has launched non-stop service between both Houston airports (Hobby and Bush Intercontinental) and Cancun, Mexico with rates starting at $99.
- Airlines are ramping up the pressure on Washington to end pre-entry COVID-19 testing requirements in to the United States.
- Allegiant and Avelo have both ended service to Ogden, Utah (Ogden-Hinckley Airport - OGD) leaving the airport with no commercial airlines service.
- Air Canada has resumed non-stop service between Toronto (YYZ) and Kansas City (MCI) which is a month earlier than planned due to relaxing global travel restrictions.
- Southern California's Long Beach Airport has awarded Breeze Airways 2 slot pairs at its field for future service. The routes will likely be announced in late summer for fall service.
- Volaris Costa Rica, which is a subsidiary of Volaris, has begun flights to Lima, Peru from San Jose, which is its first destination in South America.
- Cathay Pacific has resumed service between Auckland and Hong Kong for the first time since the pandemic.
- Choice Hotels' upscale subsidiary Cambria Hotels has broken ground on its new Cambria Hotel Rehoboth Beach in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
Ryanair CEO: 'Bring Army in to the Airports', New Delta Sky Club Photos, New Hotel Openings - June 4, 2022
- Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary said the Army should be brought in to the UK airports that are overtaxed by ultra-long lines at security checkpoints. He says the Army's assistance would solve the problem immediately.
- Flight cancellations seemingly are the norm these days, so it's good to know if travel insurance covers you in that event. This article breaks it down.
- Is the Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express card the best card for frequent flyers?
- Here are some ways you can gain access to United's vaunted Polaris Lounge without being a member.
- Here is a photo tour of Delta's new 30,000 square foot Sky Club lounge at New York's LaGuardia Airport.
- Gulf Shores International Airport said its main carrier is scaling back 15% of its operation, most likely because of staffing issues.
- Choice Hotels' upscale hotel brand Cambria Hotels has opened its 144 room Cambria Hotel Columbia Downtown the Vista...the 60th Cambria property.
- Wyndham Hotels has opened the La Quinta/Hawthorn Suites hotel in Pflugerville, Texas (north of Austin) and offers regular quick stays as well as extended day acommodations.
- Finnair has launched a new route between Helsinki and Seattle on June 1 with 3 weekly non-stop flights.
Frontier to Pay Spirit $250 Million if Merger Fails, Britain Tells Airlines to Stop Cancelling Flights, Cuba Airports Open - June 3, 2022
- Frontier Airlines has agreed to pay Spirit Airlines $250 Million, or $2.33 per share (called a reverse termination fee) IF the merger is not approved for anti-trust reasons.
- Delta Air Lines has issued a travel waiver for flyers who are impacted by the forecasted tropical depression in Florida (fare difference for customers will be waived if rebooking due to storm occurs). The airports covered: Fort Myers, FL (RSW), Ft. Lauderdale, FL (FLL), Key West, FL (EYW), Miami, FL (MIA), Sarasota, FL (SRQ), Tampa, FL (TPA), West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)
- American Airlines and Qatar Airways have entered in to a new codeshare agreement that will see American customers to book travel to 16 new countries. Qatar will have codeshare access to thousands of American flights as well.
- Today, The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sacramento at Fire Mountain officially opens its HARD ROCK live music venue with a sold out performance of Maroon 5.
- The Transport Secretary of Great Britain is warning airlines to stop selling tickets to flights they end up cancelling...in the wake of tens of thousands of flyers who've been stranded at airports.
- Emirates will reinstate its 21-flight weekly frequency schedule out of Nigeria starting September 1 as demand continues to meet and even exceed pre-pandemic levels.
- The Biden administration has lifted civil aviation restrictions so that Americans can now fly to airports in Cuba other than Havana (Havana was only allowed until now).
American Adds Routes out of DFW and Miami, Italy and Cypress Drop Covid Requirements, More Chaos at UK Airports... - June 2, 2022
- American Airlines is adding 8 routes to its schedule...including Dallas-Ft. Worth to Auckland and Montevideo-Miami plus here's what they're getting rid of.
- Once again, long airport lines and a high number of cancellations are wearing flyers out as they struggle to get to destinations as Manchester, Heathrow, Gatwick and others can't keep up with the demand due to work shortages....once again.
- Italy and Cyprus are the latest countries to drop Covid-19 vaccine requirements to enter their country. On June 1 you can fly and enter these countries without having to prove vaccination status.
- The former Trump International Hotel in Washington D.C. has reopened as The Waldorf Astoria but the room rates aren't exactly cheap...
- If the extra-long security lines aren't bad enough already...add that British Airways check-in staff will vote on a strike at Heathrow next month.
- NerdWallet just released a review/hotel guide of the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes Resort which encompasses 3 properties to experience.
- Southwest is currently offering 75,000 points as a welcome offer for new users which can be applied to 'Companion Pass' and get you closer to free flights.
Avelo Cancels Colorado Routes, Lufthansa in St. Louis, Delta's Fantastic New Terminal C at LaGuardia - June 1, 2022
- Today, Lufthansa will start non-stop transatlantic flights from St. Louis (Lambert International - STL) to Frankfurt, Germany.
- Avelo Airlines is suspending 2 routes from Loveland, Colorado (Northern Colorado Regional Airport): from Loveland to Las Vegas and Burbank. An Avelo official cited rising fuel costs as the reason.
- A Vueling flight out of took off from Gatwick Airport to Florence, Italy without a single person on board...even though a full queue of passengers were waiting to get on.
- Flight delays and cancellations are seemingly the norm now. This article outlines 6 ways for frequent flyers to avoid that.
- Delta's new, expensive...but apparently fantastic Terminal C at New York LaGuardia Airport opens this week.
- Chase will launch its own travel portal later this year for its cardholders and banking customers providing its own booking engine, content and concierge services.
- Miami International Airport has won the 'Wherever Award' for the best family-friendly airport dining for the second consecutive year.