Chase, the largest co-brand card issuer, and Air Canada, Canada's largest airline and a Star Alliance founding member, launched the new Chase Aeroplan® World Elite Mastercard® Credit Card, with Mastercard as the exclusive payments network.
Providing U.S. cardmembers the ability to earn Aeroplan points to unlock faster and better access to the world, Aeroplan is the industry's most globally connected program with more than 45 partner airlines flying to hundreds of destinations across the globe.
The new Chase Aeroplan Card, a World Elite Mastercard, offers cardmembers:
- Opportunities to earn Aeroplan points on everyday categories:
- 3X points for every dollar spent on dining, takeout, and eligible delivery services
- 3X points for every dollar spent at grocery stores
- 3X points for each dollar spent directly with Air Canada
- 1 point for each dollar spent on all other purchases
- Plus, 500 bonus points for every $2,000 spent in a calendar month (up to a maximum of 1,500 points per calendar month)
- Free first checked bags on Air Canada flights: one free checked bag for the primary cardmember and up to eight other travelers on the same itinerary
- Automatically receive Aeroplan 25K Elite Status for the remainder of the first calendar year, plus the following calendar year, allowing primary cardmembers to enjoy benefits such as priority check-in, early boarding, upgrades and more on Air Canada flights. Cardmembers can requalify as follows:
- Earn 25K Status through the next year after spending $15,000 in a calendar year
- Existing status holders earn a one-level status boost to 35K Status or higher for the next year after spending $50,000 in a calendar year
- Additional spend thresholds starting at $100,000 of spend in a calendar year will unlock unprecedented Aeroplan redemption benefits, including 50% off Priority Rewards and companion benefits
- Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Trip Delay Reimbursement
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Roadside Assistance
- World Elite Mastercard benefits, including
- Complimentary 24/7 concierge service
- Access to Mastercard Priceless® Experiences
- Exclusive offers from popular brands for services like ride-sharing, food delivery and online shopping
- Pay Yourself Back® Benefits Coming Soon: Chase Aeroplan Cardmembers will be able to apply their Aeroplan points toward travel purchases on any airline, including hotel, car rental, and more at a rate of USD 1.25 cents per point up to 50,000 points per year (US$625 of value)
Additionally, for a limited time new Aeroplan Credit Card cardmembers will receive two Welcome Flight Reward Certificates valid for up to 50,000 points each (up to 100,000 total points) after spending $4,000 on the card in the first three months. Visit ChaseAeroplanCard.com for full details.
"We set out to create something special for our U.S. based Aeroplan members—a card that offers immediate benefits after signing-up, and more value the more it's used for purchases" said Scott O'Leary, Vice President, Aeroplan at Air Canada. "The Chase Aeroplan Card, when paired with the newly transformed Aeroplan and our growing list of 45 airline partners, gives our U.S. members everything they need to travel more and travel better."
"We designed the new Aeroplan Credit Card to provide cardmembers with incredible opportunities to earn points on everyday purchases that they can use toward travel all across the world," said Greg Stranz, General Manager of Air Canada Co-Brand Cards at Chase. "We are excited about the rich value the Aeroplan program and new card offers as more Americans return to travel and plan for future international trips."
In August 2021, Aeroplan became a Chase Ultimate Rewards point transfer partner.
The Chase Aeroplan Card is now available and has an annual fee of $95 U.S. For more information about the new Aeroplan Credit Card, visit ChaseAeroplanCard.com.
Source: Air Canada