Will Alaska Flight 1282 Class Action Lawsuit get Anywhere??

Al Schard

Let me tell you, I've had my share of "exciting" flights. But nothing tops the time I got stuck on the tarmac for three hours because someone forgot to unload the pretzels. That was my personal "Twilight Zone." But hey, at least the plane didn't start shedding pieces like a molting parrot, right?

So, about this Boeing saga. Picture this: You're cruising at 30,000 feet, dreaming about the mediocre coffee you'll get at Ontario, California. Suddenly, the plane decides it's time to go convertible. A piece of the fuselage says 'sayonara' and off it goes. I mean, talk about an uninvited skydiving experience.

Now, these passengers, bless their hearts, went through what I'd call an airborne horror movie. And guess what? They got a whopping $1,500 for their troubles. That's like tipping your surgeon with a Starbucks gift card.

But here's the kicker: they're suing Boeing. I mean, sure, when parts of your plane decide to take a separate vacation, you’d think, “Bingo! Payday!” But let’s be real. This lawsuit? It's like throwing a pebble at a tank and expecting it to dent.

You've got Boeing, the bigwig of the skies, and some understandably freaked-out passengers. It's David and Goliath, if Goliath built aircraft and David had a frequent flyer card. But I'm betting my last bag of peanuts that this suit is going to be a tough sell. Because, in the grand tapestry of air travel mishaps, a piece of flying fuselage is just another thread.

So, while our intrepid travelers might not get their day in court, they've at least got one heck of a story. And $1,500? Well, that’s just enough for a therapy session and a half-decent holiday. Maybe next time, they'll just drive.

Thoughts???

Here you go:

Two months ago, a door plug on a flight from PDX blew out just minutes after takeoff. Now, more passengers are suing the airline and airplane manufacturer.

Kyle Rinker and his girlfriend boarded an Alaska Airlines flight to Ontario, California. They'd taken this particular flight several times before, and were expecting to land about two hours later.

However, on this day, what they experienced was anything but routine.

Back