Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have added more summer flights and holidays to Green List destinations, in response to continued demand from customers and independent travel agents.
Jet2 has added capacity in the late-summer period to Malta, Madeira, Croatia (Dubrovnik & Split) and Jersey, representing more than 10,000 additional seats going on sale.
The carrier recently added capacity to many of these destinations and comes in response to continued demand for holidays to the sunshine in Green List destinations. The additional capacity is as follows:
Malta - With sandy beaches, historic towns and the UNESCO-stamped capital of Valletta, the stunning island of Malta continues to be a firm favourite with holidaymakers this summer, meaning they have added almost 30 additional flights. These include:
- Birmingham – season extension meaning two weekly services operating until the end of October.
- Leeds Bradford - weekly Saturday services extended until the end of September, meaning two weekly services operating until the end of September.
- Manchester - season extension and new Saturday services meaning up to four weekly services operating until end of October.
- Newcastle - season extension meaning two weekly services operating until end of October.
- London Stansted - season extension meaning two weekly services operating until end of October.
- Flights and holidays also available to Malta from Glasgow in Summer 21.
Dubrovnik - sightseeing and island-hopping adventures through the day give way to evenings of waterfront wining and dining. Dubrovnik’s Old Town takes centre stage, with its network of ancient alleys, pretty piazzas and terracotta rooftops all wrapped up in grand stone walls. Out of town, emerald islands and secluded coves await. All of this has resulted in increased demand and in response, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have made the following additions:
- Manchester – season extended until the end of October, with three weekly services operating until then, including Saturday and Sunday flights.
- London Stansted - season extended until the end of October, with three weekly services operating until then.
- Flights and holidays also available to Dubrovnik from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford and Newcastle in Summer 21.
Split - Standout beaches, heaps of history and vibrant seafront resorts make Split and its surroundings the treasure of the Dalmatian Coast. Further along the coast, sleepy towns wow holidaymakers with their pebbly shores and crystal-clear waters. On top of that, islands such as Brac and Hvar feature some of the very best beaches you could dream of. With demand continuing, the following flights have been added:
- Birmingham – season extended through to the end of October, with weekly Sunday services operating until then.
- Manchester - season extended to 7th October, with up to four weekly services operating until then.
- London Stansted – season extended through to the end of October, with weekly Sunday services operating until then.
- Flights and holidays also available to Split from Leeds Bradford in Summer 21.
Jersey - just a short distance from the UK, Jersey offers aquamarine waters and vast stretches of white sand beaches. At just nine miles by five miles, Jersey is known as the “little island with the big spirit” and its warm and sunny climate is ideal for those looking to pursue a range of outdoor activities such as hiking, surfing, kayaking and diving. Add to that castles, forts, museums, cobbled streets and rolling hills, Jersey offers holidaymakers everything they need for the perfect getaway.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have already dramatically expanded their Jersey programme for Summer 21, including launching five new routes. One of those new routes, Newcastle Airport, is growing further as a result of today’s expansion which is as follows:
- Leeds Bradford – season extended until mid-October, with weekly Saturday services operating until then.
- Newcastle – brand new for Summer 21, the season has been until mid-October, with weekly Saturday services operating until then.
- Flights and holidays also available to Jersey from Birmingham, East Midlands, Manchester and London Stansted in Summer 21.
Madeira – this lush island has continued to enjoy enormous popularity in Summer 21, thanks to its Green List status and sub-tropical climate couples with mighty mountain landscapes which are made for all sorts of sports both on and off dry land. Resorts such as Funchal, Calheta and Canico deliver everything for holidaymakers and the following flying has been added today in response to continued demand:
London Stansted - season extended through to the end of October, with three weekly services operating until then.
Flights and holidays also available year-round to Madeira from Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Manchester and Newcastle in Summer 21.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Destinations on the Green List are continuing to enjoy a huge amount of demand from our customers and once again we are responding quickly to that demand by giving holidaymakers even more choice and flexibility. With more flights and holidays now on sale to Malta, Croatia, Jersey and Madeira, we know there will be a rush of bookings based on what we have already seen this summer and that is great news.
He added: “On one hand, we are very pleased to be adding more flights and holidays to such fantastic destinations but on the other hand we continue to be left frustrated that so many more destinations remain off the Green List for no discernible reason. We are now right in the middle of the peak holiday season so we urge the Government to take the handbrake off international travel and adopt the same approach as it has to so many other areas of everyday life. The vaccination programme continues to be a huge success so we should be able enjoy the benefits of that, including enjoying our holidays this summer.”