Hyatt Hotels Corporation announced this week that Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in the Americas continue to outperform in leisure, urban, drive-to, and mixed-use locations, with 48 new hotels in these brands expected to open across the Americas in 16 new markets for Hyatt in 2022 and 2023.
With more than 470 Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels currently open in the Americas, the brands continue to attract travelers looking for seamless hotel experiences and owners and operators that are committed to delivering brand and operational excellence.
This planned expansion of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands in the Americas will represent more than 6,400 rooms planned by year-end 2023, positively contributing to Hyatt’s industry-leading net rooms growth, which was 19.5% in 2021.
This includes growth as a result of Hyatt’s acquisition of Apple Leisure Group (ALG). The anticipated Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in the Americas represent almost 9% of Hyatt’s total pipeline, and Hyatt will welcome more than 20 new owners to the Hyatt family.
Top-Performing Select Service Brands
Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels in the Americas continue to deliver strong performance, outperforming peers with an almost 400 basis points market share improvement in 2021 over 2019, with leisure, urban, and drive-to destinations as some of the top performing segments in 2021.
Additionally, the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands in the Americas led occupancy rates across all regions and Hyatt brands with 65.1% in Q4 2021 or 61.8% for full-year 2021.
“The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands continue to perform incredibly well, especially among leisure transient guests, with leisure destinations commanding strong ADR,” said Jim Tierney, senior vice president, development and owner relations, Hyatt. “With an eye toward recovery, we believe these hotels will remain attractive to leisure guests thanks to distribution, value, and amenities. For example, in Q4 2021, we saw business transient demand accelerate due to companies returning to the office and business travelers hitting the road again.”
Thoughtfully Growing in Markets that Matter
The 48 hotels expected to open in the Americas by 2023 will expand the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands into locations where Hyatt’s loyal guests and members are traveling and will bring the brands to 44 markets, 16 of which are new markets for Hyatt – including Montréal, Québec, Panama City Beach, Fla., Sacramento, Calif., and Virginia Beach, Va.
“We continue to grow the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands in markets that matter to our guests and loyalty members, and in strategic locations where our owners and operators will see meaningful results,” Tierney continued. “From leisure destinations to downtown locations, mixed-use developments to college campuses and airport locations, our pipeline of new properties demonstrates the strength and resonance of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands with developers, owners, operators, and guests.”
Driving Value for Owners & Operators
With a global distribution network and the award-winning World of Hyatt loyalty program, which has nearly tripled in the number of members since 2017 to over 30 million members today, Hyatt continues to offer scale without saturation across its portfolio of brands.
The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands deliver exceptional performance through differentiated signature experiences, operational efficiency, customizability, and innovations that continue to evolve based on guest and owner feedback.
Setting a New Global Pipeline Record
Hyatt’s strong pipeline reflects a growing network that supports leisure travelers, business transient guests, and group and corporate customers. As of December 31, 2021, Hyatt had a pipeline of executed management or franchise contracts for approximately 540 hotels or 113,000 rooms globally, inclusive of ALG’s pipeline contribution of approximately 30 hotels, or 9,000 rooms, across six luxury all-inclusive brands. This pipeline represents a 12% expansion since 2020 and an expansion of more than 60% since 2017.
Hyatt will grow its select service portfolio in the Americas, which includes the Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, and Caption by Hyatt brands, with the following 2022-2023 anticipated openings, including the brand debut and opening of the first Caption by Hyatt hotel in Memphis. Caption by Hyatt hotels will combine the design and comfort of an upscale, lifestyle-forward hotel with the seamless, self-guided options of a select-service property.
- Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach (105 guestrooms) in Lewes, Del. *opened in February 2022
- Hyatt Place Flagstaff (93 guestrooms) in Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Hyatt Place Newark/Fremont (110 guestrooms) in Newark, Calif.
- Hyatt House Sacramento Midtown (128 guestrooms) in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt Place San Carlos (104 guestrooms) in San Carlos, Calif.
- Hyatt House Orlando/International Drive (175 guestrooms) in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown (145 guestrooms) in Gainesville, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Panama City Beach (224 guestrooms) in Panama City, Fla.
- Hyatt Place St. Augustine/Vilano Beach (120 guestrooms) in St. Augustine, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Kent Narrows & Marina (120 guestrooms) in Grasonville, Md.
- Hyatt House Monterrey Valle/San Pedro (91 guestrooms) in Monterrey, Mexico
- Hyatt House Minneapolis/Bloomington/Mall of America (150 guestrooms) in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Hyatt Place Asheville Airport (108 guestrooms) in Arden, N.C.
- Hyatt Place Albany Downtown (132 guestrooms) in Albany, N.Y.
- Hyatt Place Toronto/Brampton (119 guestrooms) in Brampton, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Columbus/Polaris (119 guestrooms) in Columbus, Ohio
- Hyatt House West Chester/Cincinnati-North (136 guestrooms) in West Chester, Ohio
- Hyatt Place Montréal-Downtown (354 guestrooms) in Montréal, Québec
- Hyatt Place Monterrey Valle (133 guestrooms) in Monterrey, Mexico
- Hyatt House Bryan/College Station (112 guestrooms) in Bryan, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Alliance Town Center (130 guestrooms) in Fort Worth, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Virginia Beach/Oceanfront (140 guestrooms) in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Caption by Hyatt Beale St. Memphis (136 guestrooms) in Memphis, Tenn.
- Hyatt Place Toronto-Downtown/Jarvis Street (238 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Newark (104 guestrooms) in Newark, Del.
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale/Coral Springs (138 guestrooms) in Coral Springs, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Orlando East UCF (129 guestrooms) in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt House Orlando Airport (156 guestrooms) in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt Place New Smyrna Beach (114 guestrooms) in New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Hyatt House Sacramento Airport-North Natomas (108 guestrooms) in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt Place Sacramento Airport-North Natomas (108 guestrooms) in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt House Vacaville (144 guestrooms) in Vacaville, Calif.
- Hyatt House Colorado Springs Airport (104 guestrooms) in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Hyatt Place Boise/Meridian (120 guestrooms) in Meridian, Idaho
- Hyatt Place Munster (102 guestrooms) in Munster, Ind.
- Hyatt House BWI (129 guestrooms) in Linthicum, Md.
- Hyatt Place Grand Rapids Airport (100 guestrooms) in Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Hyatt House Auburn Hills (116 guestrooms) in Lake Orion, Mich.
- Hyatt House Lansing/MSU (131 guestrooms) in Lansing, Mich.
- Hyatt House Royal Oak (128 guestrooms) in Royal Oak, Mich.
- Hyatt House Sterling Heights (110 guestrooms) in Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Hyatt House Kansas City Downtown (154 guestrooms) in Kansas City, Mo.
- Hyatt Place Winston Salem Downtown (132 guestrooms) in Winston Salem, N.C.
- Hyatt Place Reno South (132 guestrooms) in Reno, Nev.
- Hyatt Place Charleston Summerville (120 guestrooms) in Summerville, S.C.
- Hyatt Place Nashville Green Hills (127 guestrooms) in Green Hills, Tenn.
- Hyatt House Murfreesboro (128 guestrooms) in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Hyatt House Houston Medical Center (139 guestrooms) in Houston, Tex.
- Hyatt Place Houston Medical Center (159 guestrooms) in Houston, Tex.
For more information, please visit hyattdevelopment.com.
Source: Hyatt Hotels Corporation