United Airlines is expecting the demand for travel to continue building this winter and has been planning ahead by adding flights in different parts of North America.
The airline will be flying 137 more trips than it did last year, with destinations including Florida, California, Arizona Georgia and Nevada, starting November through March of 2021.
United has been preparing for the return of air travel by increasing flights in order meet customer demands. They have coordinated their flying schedules with aircraft availability and demand by maintaining close coordination between network planning teams and operating groups while expanding winter schedule options for customers.
"Celebrating the holidays with family and loved ones in 2020 was a challenge, and we know our customers are already eager to plan winter vacations and gatherings in person this year to make up for time that they lost," said Ankit Gupta, vice president of network planning at United. "As pandemic restrictions ease, people are becoming more confident in planning travel further in advance, so we want to make sure to offer our customers as much choice as possible."
United has launched an expanded series of flights with additional seats, complimentary snacks, Wi-Fi access aboard all planes which includes United First or Economy Plus seating as well as standard economy seating options.
Many of the flights include:
- Up to 25 additional daily flights from New York/Newark to cities including Ft. Myers, Jacksonville and Savannah
- Up to 14 additional daily flights from Denver to cities including Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale and Savannah
- Up to 12 additional daily flights from Chicago to cities including Key West, Las Vegas and San Diego
- Up to 11 additional daily flights from Washington D.C. to cities including Charleston, New Orleans and Phoenix
- Up to seven additional daily flights from Houston to Florida including Miami, Orlando and Palm Beach
- Up to four additional daily flights from Los Angeles to Orlando, Tampa and Ft. Myers
- Up to four additional daily flights from Cleveland to Orlando, Tampa and Ft. Myers
- Up to three additional daily flights from San Francisco to Orlando and Ft. Myers
United is increasing service to the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America by 30% compared to 2019. This added service includes launching 12 new routes from Denver, Los Angeles, New York/Newark San Francisco and Washington D.C., all of which will take customers abroad this winter for a warm vacation in Belize City or Cozumel.