Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport is a public airport located in the city of Mesa, in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States. It is owned and operated by the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority. The airport serves the Greater Phoenix area and is the third busiest airport in the state of Arizona.
Phoenix Mesa was formerly known as Williams Gateway Airport (1994-2008) and Williams Air Force Base before that (1943-1993).
Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport Flight Tracker
The airport has three runways and can accommodate a variety of aircraft, namely commercial jets. Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport is served by a number of airlines, including Allegiant Air, WestJet, Sun Country Airlines among others (see below).
Many travelers that come in to the greater Phoenix, Arizona metro area are heading to the Eastern part of the valley, whether its for business or leisure. This is what makes Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport ideal since it resides in the Southeastern part of the greater Phoenix area.
What Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport Has to Offer (Amenities)
The airport offers travelers a number of amenities and services that make their travel experience more comfortable. These include:
- A variety of food options including restaurants and cafes as well as vending machines for quick snacks or a longer rest in case of a layover.
- Wireless internet access so you can stay connected while on-the-go.
- A business center with computers and printers for those who need to get some work done while away from home or office.
- ATM machines for easy access to cash.
- Conference rooms that can be rented out for business meetings or other events.
The staff are friendly and efficient, and the airport is clean and well-organized. The only downside is that there aren't many food options available at the airport.
How Busy is Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport?
How Many Terminals Does Gateway Have?
Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport has 1 central terminal that houses all the typical available airport amenities: baggage carousels, ATMs, restrooms, rental car counter and some dining.
There are 10 airport gates.
There is no smoking allowed inside the terminal but there is an outdoor area for smoking.
Gateway Airport Food Options
Panera Bread - The popular American sandwich chain which features homemade breads and soups is located between gates 6 and 7.
O.H.S.O. Brewery - A popular Arizona craft beer hang with burgers and salads is between gates 7 and 8.
What Airlines Fly Out Of Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport?
Here's a list of commercial carriers that currently fly out of Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport:
- Allegiant Air
- Flair Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
NOTE: Burbank-based Avelo Airlines started service at Phoenix Mesa on May 3, 2021 but their routes were not profitable. They ended service on August 16, 2021.
Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport Code:
Commercial flight operations use the identifier AZA, however the aviation community uses the IWA.
How to Get to The Airport
Most people want to know how to get to Phoenix Mesa from the downtown Phoenix, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport or Scottsdale:
From Downtown Phoenix and Phoenix Sky Harbor:
- Take I-10 heading east for about 7 miles
- Exit on to Highway 60 East for about 13 miles
- Exit on to Power Road for 5 miles
- Turn Left on Ray Rd for 1/2 a mile
- Turn right on to Sossaman Road...airport will be on your left
- Take Loop 101 South for about 6 miles
- Take the same directions as about once on Highway 60
Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport Contact Information
5835 South Sossaman Road
Mesa, Arizona 85212
Phone: +1 480 988-7600