Phoenix Airport Currency Exchange (Sky Harbor) Now Closed: Here are some options

Lee Ferrara

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I wanted to make a post here about the currency exchange situation at Phoenix Airport (PHX). If you're like me, you might remember the days when Travelex Currency Services was our go-to spot right there in the airport.

Unfortunately, that's not the case anymore. Yep, you heard it right – the Travelex at PHX has closed its doors. I get asked about this quite a bit here in Phoenix, and it totally makes sense.

It's a bit of a bummer, especially when you're in a rush or just landing from a long flight, hoping to get your currency sorted right away. So, I thought it was important to make a forum post about it – just to keep everyone in the loop and maybe save some of you the hassle of finding out the hard way.

Currency Exchange Alternatives at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport

Let's discuss the available options for currency exchange at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport now that Travelex is no longer operational.

Airport ATMs

A practical option is to use the ATMs located throughout the airport. While the exchange rates might not be the most favorable, the ATMs offer a quick and easy solution for obtaining local currency.

Local Banks and Credit Unions

Another viable alternative is to visit local banks or credit unions before your trip to the airport. These institutions often provide more competitive exchange rates compared to airport services.

Online Currency Exchange Services

Online currency exchange services are also worth considering. You can order the required currency online and choose to have it delivered to your address or pick it up at a nearby branch. This method offers convenience and the ability to plan ahead.

Travel Credit Cards

For frequent travelers, travel credit cards are a good option. Many of these cards come with benefits like no foreign transaction fees and competitive exchange rates, making them a useful tool for international travel.

Cash to Card Services

Cash to card is a nice option, especially if you’re planning to buy stuff on flights. You know how it is, not all airlines are big fans of cash these days.

Where to Find These Services at PHX

Now, the question is, where do you find these services at Phoenix Sky Harbor? Keep an eye out for kiosks or service desks in the airport that offer this service. They are in both terminals at PHX. They're usually pretty easy to spot, or you can ask an airport staff member to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps. Reply below to add any information or ask questions.

Lee

Last edited:
Back